Saturday, August 23, 2014

Graduation

I am still stumped that I graduated from college 14 weeks ago. Maybe the fact that I'm now working full time at my alma mater  it hasn't really set in yet.  Today I saw the groups of mentees walking to their orientation and I couldn't help but be a little jealous.  What an amazing experience college is and I'm so grateful I spent it at Washington College.

Me + my best pal about to take off on the Senior Cruise at Mt. Vernon.
There is a "bookend" experience that is special to WC.  At the beginning of your Freshman year, you and your Peer Mentor venture to Mt. Vernon, the home of George Washington, to sing the Honor Code.  Our Honor Code is signed to symbolize that not only are we choosing to lead lives of moral courage, and passion, we are choosing to respect those around us.  A few nights before graduation, you travel back to Mt Vernon to toast to George himself on his lawn and take a boat cruise down the Potomac River.  #sentimentalfeelings



Walking to Graduation! 




Graduation Day was actually incredible.  I was very happy with my state of mind; I was very "in the moment" of every part of the day.  These are a few of my favorite photos of the day!  

Have you gone through something recently that seems a little surreal?  



 photo signature_zps19a8b805.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment