Saturday, April 5, 2014

Fitness

On my recent spring break trip I brought my great pal, Ms Maire, who I totally forgot is a fitness instructor.  Boy, were we in store for an active week.  What I thought was going to be a week of laying on the beach turned into a week of gym time, long walks, and lots of veggies.  I couldn't be more grateful than Marie kicked all of our butts back into shape.  I was an NCAA athlete for the first two years of my college experience and since I've stopped due to a shoulder injury, I've put fitness on the back burner.  It's so easy to do.  With meetings, thesis writing, job hunting, project management, and the whole 'school' thing, how do you pencil it in? Recently, I've been getting up super early and running before class.  It gives me energy and a 'can do' attitude for the rest of the day.  

I've been using the Nike+ Running app since last year.  It keeps me motivated and tracks my courses as I run throughout Chestertown.  There is no better feeling that clocking in a run and watching the mileage increase.  Currently, I'm using the Coach tool.  It provides me with a training program to my abilities and pushes me each week to run a certain amount of miles.  I'm at 6 miles for this week and hopefully clocking in 4 more before Monday morning.  


One of my 101 thing in 1,001 days goals is to run 30 miles in 30 days!  That's what I'll be doing this April!  Join me in making time for your health! 

 photo signature_zps19a8b805.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment