Monday, September 2, 2013

[Organize] Free Calendar & Monday Inspiration

School is officially in session & I am already bogged down with homework and looming thesis deadlines.  I've really tried to cut back on my involvement this year so I can put as much effort into my thesis as possible, yet somehow I'm still freaking out. In effort to help me stay on top of all my work, I found these precious printable calendars from Oh So Lovely just in time for September.





In other news, I'm really enjoying my Political Inequalities class this semester.  I've discovered I have a real passion for human rights, economic and social inequality.  I was reading "Why We Can't Ignore Growing Income Inequality" by Timothy Noah and loved his reference from Richard Wilkinson and Kate Pickett's The Spirit Level.

"Modern societies will depend increasingly on being creative, adaptable, inventive, well-informed and flexible communities, able to respond generously to each other and to needs wherever they arise.  These are characteristics not of societies in hock to the rich, in which people are driven by status insecurities, but of populations used to working together and respecting each other as equals."

I hope I'm still around to see that. 

 photo signature_zps19a8b805.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment