Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The real party is on the 3rd of July

 I am feeling pretty patriotic this 4th of July.  I'll be spending my first 4th in D.C., our nation's capital [which is exciting].  No metro'ing back to College Park, or Baltimore...I can walk to the fireworks and concert on the Mall!  I figure if I'm gonna do the 4th, DC style, it might as well be while I'm living on Mass Ave & in walking distance of everything on Capitol Hill.  

Now, from my experience last year, it seems that everyone on the political side of the game here in the district uses this time to escape DC for a week, or a long weekend.  And I can't blame them, I escaped to Annapolis with my roommate last year to avoid the extremely crowded metro's and masses of people that seem to be flocking to the district to celebrate, Founder's style.  [Because what better way to celebrate freedom and independence than to stand shoulder to shoulder with hundreds of hot/smelly people on an inescapable train car?] 

But I get it, you're in the 'center of the free world,' it's bound to be exciting, right? 

I'm still not entirely sure how I'm going to spend my time, but I do know some sort of brunching experience is going to happen.  Check out this great article on the best brunches this weekend in DC for the holiday.

My roommate from Oklahoma's best friend from OSU is here for the week experiencing DC for the first time, so I am very much looking forward to doing the 'tourist tour' with her over the weekend.   

If I was to have a 4th party of my own, I'd probably use some of these super cute free printables from Life Made Simply.  I found this on Pinterest the other day and I printed some out at work [they are simply too cute not to].  Did I make cupcakes?  Nah, but I might decorate our little row house with these little tags. 

I am starting the celebration early tonight with the annual best friend family party that I've been attending since I was 15.  Good friends, a great family, great food, happy music; it's bound to be another great 3rd of July tonight! 

Do you have a 4th of July tradition? 
 How are you planning on celebrating America, land of the free and home of the brave?

Happy 3rd, everyone!
 photo signature_zps19a8b805.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment